Stagg EKG Kettle
To fully enjoy your hyperpremium matcha experience, it's really important to get the water temperature right; you should never use water hotter than 170F, let alone boiling water -- the ideal range for matcha is between 155F (68C) and 170F (77C); the Stagg EKG kettle from Fellow is your perfect tool for this: You can quickly and easily set the water temperature to the exact degree desired, and within moments your water is ready. The kettle feels good in the hand, features an attractive, modern, minimalist design, and the precision pour spout and counterbalanced-handle make it a pleasure to use. Looks fantastic on the countertop. We love this kettle so much it's the one we use to brew matcha at Breakaway HQ!
Variable Temperature Control – By turning the knob, you select your desired temperature ranging from 135°F to 212°F, and Stagg EKG does the rest. No more guessing degrees.
LCD Screen – See the temp. Be the temp. A discreet, black LCD screen indicates the desired “Set Temperature” and the “Real Time Temperature” with an illuminating element to show the heating progress.
Hold Option – When the toggle on the back is switched to HOLD mode, the Stagg EKG will maintain your desired temperature in either Fahrenheit or Celsius for 60 minutes. You know, for when you overestimate your ability to run two miles. When the toggle is not in HOLD mode, the kettle will go to sleep after reaching the set temperature.
Brew Stopwatch – After your water has heated, use EKG’s built in Brew Stopwatch to time your extraction.
More Cool Features:
- Precision pour spout and counterbalanced-handle
- Celsius/Fahrenheit option
- 0.9 liter capacity
- Small, minimalist base
- Plug: Type-B (for U.S. and Canada)
- Power: 1200W, 120V~, 50/60Hz, 9A
- Material: 304 stainless steel kettle body and lid, plastic base
- Temperature Range: 135-212 F/57-100 C
- Volume: 0.9L to max fill line
- Cord Length: 2.5 ft
- Weight: 2.6 lbs/1180 g (includes kettle base)
- Dimensions: 11.5″x 6.75″x 8″ (292mm x 171mm x 203mm)
- Product Certifications: ETL compliance, FCC certified
I love my Stagg kettle! It makes creating a perfect cup of matcha so easy. You just set it for your desired temp (once) and it’s good to go. I love the hold feature that keeps the water perfectly hot for an hour or so. It is stylish, however black is not my favorite color - a small price to pay for all the other excellent features. Well worth adding this to your kitchen!
I was so happy when I first saw this kettle on Breakaway that I ordered it immediately. I have been using it over a month and I love it. It's wonderful to take the guess work out of the correct temperature. I used to boil water on the stove and wait until it reached the right temperature, measuring with a thermometer, pouring from cup to cup, etc. trying to get it just right. Now I just set the temperature and it's ready in seconds and stays there for an hour, which brings me to another favorite feature. The hold function is great. Invariably I start doing something else in the middle of making my matcha - making breakfast, packing lunch, feeding dogs, etc - so now the water is still ready when I can finally make and drink my matcha. I do usually pour the water into another cup first and then into my matcha tumbler because I think the slow narrow stream is better for pour through coffee. For my matcha I like to pour it in all at once, swirl it around, and then use the frother. I highly recommend the Stagg EKG Kettle - it's so useful, accurate, saves time, and very attractive!
I wasn't sure about this because this kettle is made for pour-over coffee.
It turns out to be ideal for making matcha, because:
- you can set the precise temperature you want with no guessing. The kettle stops there, and you can even set it to hold that temperature for an hour.
- it pours slowly. When whisking in a bowl, I just need a little to start the paste and can then add more water slowly - no splashes or scattered powder.
- the bottom of the kettle stays cool. You can set it down on your table or desk while you whisk.
- the weight and size is easy to hold steady in one hand.
- it looks elegant and suitable for a matcha moment.